Sticky Honey, Garlic and Chile Glazed Chicken Drumettes
Makes 1 dozen
honey, garlic, chile glaze:
1 cup honey
1/4 cup sambal chile sauce
3 garlic cloves, minced and divided
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
12 chicken wing drumettes, pat dry
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts, crushed
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1. Place honey, sambal and 2 cloves garlic into a small mixing bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
2. Place baking powder, salt, pepper, and remaining garlic clove into another miing bowl and whisk together.
3. Sprinkle over drumettes and toss together until each piece of chicken is fully covered in a very thin layer of the baking powder mixture.
4. Place the coated drumettes onto a baking sheet, lined with a cooling rack, about 1 inch apart and refrigerate for 2 hours and up to 8 hours.
5. Preheat grill to 350˚F (or medium heat).
6. Brush grill grates with oil and place drumettes into the surface, skin side down (over indirect heat) about 1 to 2 inches apart.
7. Close grill lid and grill drumettes for about 20 to 25 minutes. Uncover and flip each drumette and recover grill. Continue to grill for an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until drumettes have browned and the skin has crisped up.
8. Uncover grill and brush drumettes with glaze. Flip the drumettes and brush the other side. Continue to flip and glaze each side every minute for the next 3 to 4 minutes. Remove drumettes from grill and transfer to a serving platter.
9. Drizzle more glaze over the top, if desired, and top with crushed peanuts and sliced green onions. Serve.
NOTE: The recipes are a gift from Spoon Fork Bacon, a food blog by friends Jenny and Teri. To learn more about this dish, such as the necessary ingredients, please visit https://www.spoonforkbacon.com/sticky-honey-garlic-and-chile-glazed-chicken-drumettes/ for more about Spoon Fork Bacon visit https://www.spoonforkbacon.com/.