Sheet Pan Chipotle Chicken Nachos
Serves 7 to 9
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 shallot, minced
1/2 cup diced chipotles in adobe sauce
3 1/2 tablespoons honey
3 heaping cups cooked, shredded chicken
3 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 tablespoons flour
1 1/2 cups milk
1 pound shredded white cheddar cheese, divided
salt and pepper to taste
8-10 heaping cups thick tortilla chips
1 pound shredded white cheddar cheese
kernels from 2 ears blistered corn
thinly sliced jalapenos
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F.
2. chipotle chicken: Place a large skillet over medium heat and add oil.
3. Add shallot and saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Add chipotle in adobe and honey and stir together. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and fold in chicken until evenly coated. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
5. queso sauce: Place saucepan over medium heat and melt butter. Once butter has melted, whisk in flour. Continue to whisk until no lumps remain, 1 to 2 minutes.
6. Add milk to saucepan and whisk until no lumps remain. Continue to whisk together until mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon.
7. Remove mixture from heat, season with salt and pepper and stir in (1 pound) shredded cheddar a small handful at time, until all cheese has been added and sauce is smooth. Set aside.
8. Assemble: Spread tortilla chips onto a sheet pan in a single layer. And evenly sprinkle with half of shredded cheese, chipotle chicken, remaining shredded cheese and then corn kernels.. Place sheet pan in oven for 6 to 7 minutes or until cheese has just melted.
9. Remove sheet pan from oven and drizzle cheese sauce over pan. Top with sliced jalapenos and cilantro leaves. Serve.
NOTE: The recipes are a gift from Spoon Fork Bacon, a food blog by friends Jenny and Teri. To learn more about this dish, such as the necessary ingredients, please visit https://www.spoonforkbacon.com/sheet-pan-chipotle-chicken-nachos/ for more about Spoon Fork Bacon visit https://www.spoonforkbacon.com/.