Loaded Cold Beef Salad
1. Remove steaks from the refrigerator and allow them to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Generously season each steak with salt and pepper.
2. Preheat oven to 400˚F.
3. Place all dressing ingredients into a small bowl and whisk together until smooth. Add 2 tablespoons water to adjust consistency. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
4. Place a large cast iron skillet over high heat.
5. Add oil and swirl around skillet. Add steaks to skillet and sear on each side for 2 minutes. Transfer skillet to oven and cook for about 7-8 minutes for medium rare and 9-10 minutes for medium. Remove steaks from oven and transfer to a cutting board.
6. Allow steaks to cool, about 30 minutes. Tightly wrap each steak in foil and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 12 hours.
7. To serve: Remove foil from steaks and slice into 1/2 inch pieces. Spread steak pieces onto a platter, lightly season with salt and pepper and line with remaining ingredients.
8. Serve with bleu cheese dressing on the side and allow guests to grab however much or little they want from the platter.
NOTE: The recipes are a gift from Spoon Fork Bacon, a food blog by friends Jenny and Teri. To learn more about this dish, such as the necessary ingredients, please visit: https://www.spoonforkbacon.com/loaded-cold-beef-salad/?emailfriend=1#emailafriend Or, Spoon Fork Bacon