Honey Brick Toast
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F.
2. Place butter, condensed milk and honey into mixing bowl and whisk together until fully combined. Add egg yolk, vanilla and salt and continue to whisk together. Set aside.
3. Make diamond patterned diagonal cuts through each slice of bread (about 1 inch apart), making sure not to slice completely through to the bottoms.
4. Spread 2 to 3 tablespoons honey batter over each slice of bread until fully covered.
5. Transfer brioche onto a parchment lined baking sheet about 1/2 inch apart (may need 2 baking sheets).
6. Allow brioche to sit for about 10 minutes, then transfer to the oven and bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until brioche has to a golden brown.
7. While brioche is toasting, combine strawberries, lemon juice and sugar into another mixing bowl and toss together.
8. Remove from oven and cool, about 10 minutes.
9. Top brick toast with about 1/4 cup of whipped cream a couple spoonfuls of strawberries, a sprinkle of coconut flakes, and a drizzle of honey. Serve immediately.
NOTE: The recipes are a gift from Spoon Fork Bacon, a food blog by friends Jenny and Teri. To learn more about this dish, such as the necessary ingredients, please visit https://www.spoonforkbacon.com/honey-brick-toast/ or for more about Spoon Fork Bacon visit https://www.spoonforkbacon.com/.