Grilled BLTA Flatbreads
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· 2 pieces flatbread (such as pita or naan)
· ½ cup shredded white cheddar
· 6 to 8 ounces crispy cooked bacon
· 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
· 1 heaping cup shredded romaine or iceberg lettuce
· ½ avocado, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
· 1/8 thinly sliced red onion, optional
· Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat grill to medium high heat. Brush flatbread with oil and lightly season with salt and pepper.
2. Once grill is hot, add bread and grill on each side for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and top each with halve of the shredded cheese and bacon slices.
4. Place flatbread back on the grill, over medium heat, and grill for 3 to 4 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the flatbreads have crisped up.
5. Remove from grill and top with cherry tomatoes, shredded lettuce, avocado, and red onion, if using.
6. Lightly season with salt and pepper and serve.
NOTE: The recipes are a gift from Spoon Fork Bacon, a food blog by friends Jenny and Teri. To learn more about this dish, such as the necessary ingredients, please visit https://www.spoonforkbacon.com/grilled-blta-flatbreads/