Freeze Ahead Turkey Sausage Breakfast Sandwiches
12 large eggs, beaten
turkey breakfast sausage:
1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
1 tablespoon minced sage
2 teaspoon minced marjoram
2 teaspoons crushed fennel seeds
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divide
6 slices American cheese
6 English muffins, split
1. Preheat oven to 325˚F.
2. Lightly grease a 9”x13” baking dish and pour in beaten eggs.
3. Bake eggs for 20 to 25 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and cool.
4. Using a 4 inch circle cutter, cut out 6 egg rounds and set aside.
5. Place all turkey sausage ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix together until completely combined.
6. Divide mixture into 6 balls and flatten each ball into 4 inch wide patties, about 1/2 inch thick.
7. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil and swirl around skillet to cover.
8. Add half of the patties to skillet and sear on each side for 3 to 4 minutes. Lower heat to medium and continue to cook until all patties have cooked through, another 3 to 4 minutes.
9. Transfer patties to a plate and set aside.
10. Pour remaining tablespoon of oil into the skillet. Raise heat back up to medium-high, add remaining patties and repeat step 8.
11. Transfer remaining cooked patties to plate with other turkey patties and cool.
12. To assemble: Once egg rounds and sausage patties are completely cooled, place a sausage patty over each split English muffin and top with an egg omelet round, followed by a slice of cheese and the English muffin tops.
13. Transfer English muffins to a gallon-sized silicone or plastic resealable bag, remove as much air from bag and seal. Place bag in freezer and freeze all the sandwiches, for up to 3 months, until ready to eat.
14. To serve: Preheat oven to 375˚F. Remove frozen sandwiches from freezer bag and transfer onto a baking sheet, 1 inch apart.
15. Toast sandwiches in oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until sandwiches have heated through and cheese has melted.
NOTE: The recipes are a gift from Spoon Fork Bacon, a food blog by friends Jenny and Teri. To learn more about this dish, such as the necessary ingredients, please visit https://www.spoonforkbacon.com/freeze-ahead-turkey-sausage-breakfast-sandwiches/ for more about Spoon Fork Bacon visit https://www.spoonforkbacon.com/.