Makes 1 (9”x 5” inch)
10 sheets phyllo, thawed;
2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter;
melted and cooled cranberry filling:
1 (10 ounce) package cranberries, 1/2 cup light brown sugar;
juice and zest 1 orange pinch salt
8 ounces Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup honey, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, powdered sugar, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 400˚F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Place a sheet of phyllo in center of baking sheet and brush with melted butter and top with another sheet of phyllo, slightly turned so the sheets aren’t completely overlapping. Brush sheet of phyllo with butter.
4. Repeat step 3 until all phyllo and butter have been used.
5. Scrunch up 1 inch border of phyllo, creating a lifted border.
6. Bake crust for 14 to 16 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
7. While crust bakes, place all cranberry filling ingredients into a small saucepan and simmer on low heat for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture has cooked down and become ‘jammy’. Remove from heat and cool.
8. Next, place yogurt, honey, vanilla, and salt into a mixing bowl and beat together until light and fluffy. Set aside.
9. Remove crust from oven and cool completely.
10. Transfer baked crust to a platter and spread yogurt evenly over the crust, avoiding covering the border.
11. Top yogurt evenly with cranberry compote and dust with powdered sugar. Slice and serve.
NOTE: The recipes are a gift from Spoon Fork Bacon, a food blog by friends Jenny and Teri. To learn more about this dish, such as the necessary ingredients, please visit https://www.spoonforkbacon.com/cranberry-crostata/.