Cookie Coated Mango Lassi Frozen Yogurt Bars
Makes 14 to 16
2 ripe mangos, peeled and pitted
2 1/2 cups plain yogurt, divided
1/2 cup whole milk
4 1/2 tablespoons honey, divided
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 cups roughly broken sugar cookies
2 (1 1/2 ounce) bags freeze-dried mango
1 cup crispy rice cereal
silicone ice cream molds
14-16 mini wooden popsicle sticks
1. Mango base: Place ripe mangos, 11/2 cups yogurt, milk, 3 tablespoons honey, salt, and cardamom in a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Insert popsicle sticks into silicone molds and fill each mold with mango the mango base.
3. Freeze each mango bar until completely solid, at least 6 hours.
4. Once bars are frozen, stir together remaining yogurt and honey and pour into a tall glass.
5. Place broken cookies, freeze-dried mangos and cereal into a food processor and pulse until coarsely ground together.
6. Pour cookie mixture into a shallow baking dish and set aside.
7. Assemble: Line a baking sheet with parchment. Unmold mango bars and dip each bar in the honey yogurt, then dredge each bar in the cookie mixture until fully coated.
8. Place coated bars on the prepared baking sheet and freeze bars again until fully frozen, at least 2 to 3 hours. Serve.9. Drizzle more glaze over the top, if desired, and top with crushed peanuts and sliced green onions. Serve.
NOTE: The recipes are a gift from Spoon Fork Bacon, a food blog by friends Jenny and Teri. To learn more about this dish, such as the necessary ingredients, please visit https://www.spoonforkbacon.com/cookie-coated-mango-lassi-frozen-yogurt-bars/ for more about Spoon Fork Bacon visit https://www.spoonforkbacon.com/.