Cheesy Herb Beer Bread
· 3 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
· 1 tablespoon baking powder
· 1 ½ teaspoons salt
· 1 ½ cup melted unsalted butter divided
· 14 ounces beer a nice flavorful
· ½ cut plus 2 tablespoons shredded white cheddar cheese
· 1 tablespoon minced thyme
· 1 tablespoon thinly sliced chives
· 1 tablespoon minced sage
· ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
· 3 tablespoons pepita seeds
· 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
· 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
· 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease the loaf pan and set aside.
2. Place flour, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl and whisk together.
3. Create a small well in the center of the flour mixture and add beer, 6 tablespoons melted butter, 1 cup cheese, herbs, and black pepper. Stir together until the dough just comes together. Do not over mix! (if there are small flour pockets, gently stir them away; a couple remaining flour pockets are okay).
4. In a small mixing bowl combine all topping ingredients and toss together.
5. Pour mixture into a prepared loaf pan. Pour remaining butter over top, sprinkle remaining cheese and topping mixture over top of bread and bake for about 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the loaf.
NOTE: The recipes are a gift from Spoon Fork Bacon, a food blog by friends Jenny and Teri. To learn more about this dish, such as the necessary ingredients, please visit https://www.spoonforkbacon.com/cheesy-herb-beer-bread/