Cheesy, Flaky Breakfast Cups
1. Preheat oven to 400˚F.
2. Slightly roll thawed puff pastry out to create a 12”x15” sheet.
3. Cut puff pastry into 9 (4”x 5”) pieces.
4. Press each piece of puff pastry into a cavity of a muffin tin and prick the bottoms and sides with a fork.
5. Lay a strip of partially cooked bacon into each cup, with the ends sticking out of each side.
6. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon cheese over bacon. Crack an egg into each pastry cup and top with 1 tablespoon cream. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Sprinkle another tablespoon cheese into each cup place muffin tin into oven.
8. Bake cups for 15 to 18 minutes or until puff pastry is golden brown, egg whites have set but yolks are still a little runny.
9. Remove from oven, top each with about a teaspoon of chives and cool, about 5 minutes.
10. Remove each cup from muffin tin and serve.
NOTE: The recipes are a gift from Spoon Fork Bacon, a food blog by friends Jenny and Teri. To learn more about this dish, such as the necessary ingredients, please visit https://www.spoonforkbacon.com/cheesy-flaky-breakfast-cups/for more about Spoon Fork Bacon visit https://www.spoonforkbacon.com/.